Last Saturday in Ubaúna we had a baptism service down at the lake.
I always love these things!
This time was no different. Almost 70 showed up to celebrate, kind of like tailgating without the food. What was especially gratifying was that by far the majority were adults.
As each of the eight new believers went down into the water, I couldn’t help but think what was happening. Each person had a unique story; each one showed an incredible victory over the enemy.
- lived with addiction for years, heard the good news five years ago but thought it was too good to be true; buried.
- abused, beaten to the point of death and left to die, severely depressed; buried
- clinically depressed for years, suicidal; buried.
- terminal cancer, without hope; buried.
- sexually abused, locked in a room and fed under the door for eight years, drug slave; buried
- seventy-six years old, retired without purpose; buried
- unwanted by her parents, thrown out of her home; buried
- possessed by evil spirits for decades; buried
Did I mention that I love these events?