- They drove from Ohio for nothing other than their expenses — 10 hours one way!
- Aaron Benner, the lead singer, was in pain from a kidney infection for which he had surgery on Tuesday, but still made the trip.
- Though a heavy metal rock band, they were some of the most spiritual folks I’ve come across. My conversations with Aaron “rocked” me (pardon the pun, please!).
- The band began with a gunshot, literally. On December 8, 2004, Aaron, the lead singer of well known central Ohio band Liquid6Teen, was stage right at a Columbus concert venue when a crazed gunman rushed the stage and began firing. When it was all over, five people were dead.
- The Lord used this tragic event as a catalyst to a life altering change in Aaron. After months of soul-searching, Aaron felt the Lord’s calling on his life. Aaron was compelled to use his musical talents as a ministry. He left Liquid6Teen at the pinnacle of their popularity and began praying for the Lord to send him Christian musicians that shared his calling. Just a few months later those prayers were answered in the form of Marc Leist, Josh Hall, Zack Koah, and Brandon Ogilby. This five member team then became THIS FIRES EMBRACE.
- They expressed interest in going to Brasil! I wonder how a heavy metal band might fare in Ubaúna?
- They are full of the Spirit and winning folks to Jesus left and right.
- Though my ears may have been vibrating at a frequency they’ve never hit before, their music was sweet because they follow the same Jesus and want to see him glorified. Their music may be heavy, but they definitely aren’t!