Things in the market are in a tither. The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
- “It’s still uncertain ground we’re treading. We just have to move on a daily basis.”
- “People are scared to death.”
- “People are afraid of the unknown.”
- “There is a lot more fear today than there was on Monday and Tuesday.”
- “This is an earth-shattering event, this is like a tectonic plate shifting event.”
- “We are in the grip of a vicious circle.”
You would think that we are on the verge of self-destruction. At the very least, it is unsettling.
This morning I came across this: Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. -Proverbs 3:5-6
When everything seems to be going to hell in a handbasket, wouldn’t it be nice to have the assurance that God is in control of your life? That you don’t have to figure it all out, especially when everything seems so wrong? When the market goes “boom,” when life throws a bean ball at your head, when everything you roll comes up snake eyes, pardon the bad allusion to a movie, but, who’re you gonna call?
Is it really as simple as listening for his voice? Can he really keep me on track?