I came across this today and found it interesting. Yes, I’m weird.
- Americans buy about 30 million to 35 million real Christmas trees every year.
- It takes an average of seven years to grow a Christmas tree of average retail height (6-7 feet), but it can take as little as four or as many as 15.
- There are 500,000 acres in the United States devoted to growing Christmas trees.
- Each acre of live Christmas trees provides the daily oxygen requirements of 18 people.
- All 50 states grow Christmas trees, but the top producers are Oregon, North Carolina, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Washington.