The reading in 2 Samuel continues to be an eye-opener for me. I find it absolutely fascinating that this isn’t the first time I’ve read this narration; in fact, these records are some of the parts of the Bible I’ve read more than any other.
Today found me in 2 Samuel 17 with Absalom getting ready to hunt down and kill his father, King David.
Here’s what I found:
- God is always working behind the scenes to make his plan succeed
- God puts people in our path who we may not even know to help us succeed in our quest to serve Him and complete our purpose
- There are people who will try to stop us
- There are people who will follow us because of the vision we have
- Times of defeat will be followed by periods of rest
- It’s not easy